A History of Innovation, Development and Experience
The Henry Pratt Company designs, develops, manufactures and markets butterfly, rectangular, ball, nuclear, industrial, cone, sleeve and energy dissipating valves as well as valve actuators, and control systems. Our products are used in potable water, wastewater, power, industrial and nuclear markets.
Founded in 1901 by a small group of industrialists as a metal fabricating shop, the Henry Pratt Company entered the valve industry in 1926 with design/development of the first rubber seated butterfly valve. Growth of the Company over the past years has been closely associated with the growth of the rubber seat butterfly valve being supplied to the markets identified. Administrative headquarters are located in Aurora, Illinois with manufacturing facilities in Aurora, Illinois and Hammond, Indiana.
Significant Product Developments
The heavy Pratt investment in Research and Development has generated the following industry firsts:
- Rubber-seat butterfly valve
- Rubber-seat ball valve
- High-pressure rubber-seat butterfly valve for water distribution service
- Development of the replaceable seat concept for large butterfly valves
- Perfection of the “molded in” seat concept for smaller butterfly valves
- Rubber-seat butterfly valve for circulating water systems in power plants
- Condenser partition rubber-seat butterfly valve
- Combination expansion joint/flangeless valve
- 150 psi service water valve
- Rectangular rubber-seat butterfly valve
- Fast-closing valve to shut off ventilating systems in nuclear power plants
- Non-metallic power cylinder for valve operators
Leader in Research and Development
At the Henry Pratt Company, research and development activity is an integral part of our engineering function. It is used in developing a new product, improving an existing product or determining when to obsolete a product in accordance with the needs of the market place. A capable engineering staff is equipped with a variety of modern and sophisticated equipment and instruments.
A large staff of experienced sales engineers who are intimately familiar with water, wastewater and power plant applications are available to you. There is a Pratt representative near you anywhere in the United States. Pratt supports our customers and representatives through ready access to application engineers, service engineers, and specialized manufacturing facilities to service your new and refurbishment valve needs.